Thursday 31 January 2013

Grace - CJS39


I worked on Jamie Dougherty's tutorial (Creative Jumpstart No. 39) a few days ago and have completed three different backgrounds on tags.  I'm really enjoying working with paint and am beginning to feel a little more confident to play and have a go and let myself get more messy!  I've snatched a bit of early morning playtime (before I go to work) to collage the tag with the first technique.  I've used some of my new rubber from Artistic Outpost and a little image from Darkroom Door.  I really liked the results I got from this technique and can't wait to really get stuck into some art journalling in the near future.

Another big discovery for me, whilst participating in Creative Jumpstart,  has been finding how amazing Ranger's non-stick craft sheet actually is.  I've kept mine in a box for years... I've been more inclined to work from my cutting mat, but wow, it's so easy to clean up!  I love it!

Anyway, there's a little more journaling on this tag.  I've written about grace and a recent experience I've had of someone lovingly extending grace to me, when it was so undeserved.  How amazing and humbling is that?!

No comments: