Saturday 26 January 2013

Home Sweet Home - CJS18


I loved learning the speckle/spackle? technique during Natalie Kalbach's 5th tutorial over at Creative Jumpstart No. 18.  I can see myself having a lot of fun making more of these kinds of backgrounds.  However, I really struggled to know what to do with this particular background once I'd made it (I think it was the colours that threw me), so I looked at it for days and days without finding any inspiration.

I was determined to do something with it today... I had a few disasters as I tried to get started.  I knew I didn't want to cover up the background too much, as I'm keeping the tags that I make as a reference for the future.  In the end, this is what I finished up with... I'm not even sure that I like it!  I've run out of time today to keep working on it, but I might look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow?  The most important thing in the end, is that I had a little creative fun this morning and that is a blessing!

2 comments:

Gráinne said...

Even if you don't like it - I certainly do! It's beautiful and I like esp. the bright colors and the 'ribbon'. Wonderfully done.
Suzanne

Night Owl Designs said...

I think it's prefect as-is Sue!