Monday 7 January 2013

At Home with Darkroom Door


Yes, I am home from hospital and I'm starting to improve bit by bit.  Being home is partly the inspiration behind this little house I created today, as is joining Darkroom Door's Creative Team!  You may have already heard my exciting news via other blogs... unfortunately, I was otherwise indisposed and unable to make the announcement on Friday with Rachel and the rest of Darkroom Door's Creative Team.  If you missed the news, along with me, this is how it was announced.

Announcing the 2013 Darkroom Door Creative Team!

DarkroomDoor_CreativeTeam_200px
We are so pleased to announce we have a new Creative Team for 2013! Please welcome the following ladies who will be sharing lots of new ideas and projects with you throughout the year!
Anna-Karin Evaldsson - South Africa 
Belinda Spencer - Australia 
Connie Mercer - USA 
Godelieve Tijskens - Belgium
Hels Sheridan - UK
Liesbeth Fidder - Netherlands
Marjie Kemper - USA
Melissa Phillips - USA
 Rachel Greig - Australia
 Sephi Kemp - Australia
Susie Campbell - Australia

 Suzanne Czosek - USA 
Teresa Abajo - Australia
We are so excited to have these ladies on board with us! It's going to be a very creative and inspiring year ahead!
Please welcome the team by leaving a comment below! And let's start the new year with a giveaway!!! We'll pick out one lucky winner from all the comments below to win a Darkroom Door stamp set of your choice!
Unlock the artist within!
Make sure you go and visit Darkroom Door's blog to leave a comment and then you will be in the running to win a Darkroom Door stamp set!


Back to my little 3D house... I created it from a small brown paper bag.  Firstly I added some ink, glimmer mist and Darkroom Door background stamps (Dots and Floral) to the paper bag.  Then I created the windows and door from little paper scraps (the button makes a cute door handle) and affixed lace and Darkroom Door collage images (I sketched some legs below the handsome man's image).  Finally I stuffed the bag, turned the top edge over and cut a roof from the scratch paper I had been working on to make this project (so the inking and stamping had already been done on it as I worked).  

3 comments:

Renee said...

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better! Love the little house.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a fabulous house! Love it. And so glad to hear things are on a more even keel for you. Can't wait to create with you!

Anonymous said...

What a great little house, love the colours is this work, I really like darkroom doors collage images. Glad your a bit better. Tania x