Friday 18 January 2013

Neon Yellow - CJS1


'Dream On!' for Joelly

This time I went back to Nathalie Kalbach's No. 1 Tutorial at Creative Jumpstart Summit 2013 and found I needed embossing powder for this technique.  Most of my embossing powder is very neutral in colour, but I did remember being sent some sample pots of Zing! way back when - the jars had never even been opened! You can imagine my delight (?) when I discovered that I had a jar of neon yellow, lavender, blue and black (with a glitter finish no less).  After I thought about this colour palette for a while (having tossed the blue aside) I had a little giggle to myself and set to play!

The story behind the inspiration to this piece goes something like this... I've realised in the past 4 years or so that I DO NOT LIKE neon yellow!!!  How did I come to this conclusion?  Well... whilst getting to know Joel, I discovered his great affinity for colour, especially neon colours!  He was the proud owner of neon yellow, neon green, neon orange and neon purple socks!!!!  Neon enough to blow your socks off I reckon!  Anyway, the neon yellow is the colour I detest the most, so you can imagine my pure delight when Joel threw his neon yellow singlet and socks in the fire on our honeymoon!  It must be love eh!!!  So this is just a little something Joel can tuck away from my sight and pull out whenever he feels the urge to purchase something else in neon yellow - he'll simply have to 'dream on'!



No comments: