Sunday 30 December 2012

PDCC162 - Happy HAPPY New Year!


It's been so long since I've been able to have fun with everyone at The Play Date Cafe.  Challenge #162 is inspired by the picture below - the challenge was to create something using the following colours:  

Gold
Teal
Mint
 Lavender


As I didn't get to 'play' with this challenge until after Christmas, thoughts of the New Year were my inspiration and starting point.  The cute 'star of the show' is from Stampington and the words are a combination of Making Memories and Hero Arts.  I stitched and beaded some extra stars into the background and wanted to approach this piece in a playful way... playful may be my 'word' for 2013, especially with my creative work.  I can tend towards being too serious and I can find myself losing the sense of fun during the creative process.  So next year I'm going to aim to be more playful in the way I approach not just my art, but life in general.  

This piece is created on a seed packet, so there's a pocket to hide dreams/goals/secrets for the year too. Actually, I already have a big secret that I'm keeping and will be able to share it with you very soon!

Here's to a very Happy, HAPPY New Year to You!  Yes, I'm just a little early - makes a nice change, eh!

6 comments:

Peanut said...

That's one adorable star, Susie! He could be yawning...or singing...or a little bit of both! Too cute! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I hope you have a truly fabulous 2013.

...A...

Anonymous said...

What a cute image ... I love the way you've pulled the lavender into the scene with those sweet little seed beads! Thanks so much for your visit and comments ... have a very Happy New Year! Anita in France :)

Patrice said...

Love that sweet star image!

Jenny said...

Beautiful Susie... love the sweet stamp you used... and the seed packet background... how perfect... fun and playful... I love it...

Jenny ♥

Gerrina said...

Your card put a smile on my face! What a lovely pupet! I've shown this to my daughter (12) and she had the same reaction! Love the colors! You make such great funny cards... Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! Hope to see you there again! Hugs, Gerrina

Veronica Z said...

Your card is fabulous! I love the image, and your use of color on your card! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!