Wednesday 24 August 2011

Published - Copper Poppies

As seen in Cardmaking Stamping & Papercraft Vol 14 No11

A number of years ago, I was able to go to an Artistic Journey Retreat with my friend Jhodi in Fremantle and it was there that I met and made a new wonderful friend, Debbi.  All three of us shared a hotel room together at the retreat and had a fabulous creative time with some great classes and amazing tutors.  Jhodi, Debbi and I are having a little retreat of our own this weekend and we're making it an extra long weekend.  I'm so excited to be able to spend time with these two very talented, encouraging and generous women.  I think we're in for a fantastic and fun-filled time!

  At the Artistic Journey retreat in Fremantle, I was able to participate in a jewellery making class taught by Nina Bagley.  She is a fabulous tutor from the US and if you're ever able to do one of her classes I would highly recommend her!  Nina taught us some fabulous techniques, including a number of ways to make use of 'copper mesh'.  In our enthusiam to want to play further with copper mesh, Jhodi, Debbi and I all bought more!  Well mine sat around for quite a while until one day I thought about stitching and stamping on it!  That's how this project started... I even made a little handbag for this project!  And I've used it on the odd occasion too! 

No comments: