Saturday 20 August 2011

Let Your Heart Lead The Way

Inkurable Stampers has a new challenge out for this month - it's a sketch challenge.  I have had very little time to create in the past couple of weeks (and I'm getting twitchy), so I thought I'd start with a challenge this morning to get 'kick started' for the long list of creative 'to do's' that are needing some attention this weekend!  I thought this would be a quick way to start - well in the end, that wasn't the case, but it has lead me to really begin to ponder the sentiment I used for this card, which just might be a good thing!  I pretty much pulled this sentiment out, with very little thought, because I imagined it would fit on the label just perfectly.  Now I've finished this card, I'm actually thinking a bit deeper about it's meaning.  I do have a tendancy to be led by my head... looking at the pros and cons of a situation, weighing everything up - and taking an awfully long time to make a decision.  I think it's a protective thing... perhaps it's been born out of fear or the consequences of making a bad decision?  Anyway, I don't know that being led by your head, well my head at least, is always a good thing either.  It may well be time to 'Let My Heart Lead The Way' for a change!  So that is the challenge I have given myself for the immediate future, to allow my heart to lead the way a little more and I'm going to keep a record of how I'm going in this card.  Have you got a challenge or two like this that you're working on?  Is there some kind of fear or boundary that you need to overcome or break?  If you're brave enough, let me know what it is and how things are working out for you.
I've used Basic Grey papers from the 'Porcelain' paper pad collection, the label is by Spellbinders, heart punch by Carl - onto which I added a layer of black soot distress embossing powder and starlight silver brilliance ink.

10 comments:

shirley said...

Sue, this card is gorgeous!
Love the patterns and colours...esp the green.
Great sentiment.

Lizzy Hill said...

Love these colours - would never have thought of putting them together - gorgeous!

Robyn Wood said...

Sue, your card is gorgeous! I love the combination of the colours. I can so relate to the twitchiness you get when crafting time is minimal - but isn't it wonderful to get inky again!

Jenny said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue... love the beautiful soft colors... so pretty...

Jenny x

Mim said...

Wow - glad that someone else likes to ink things as much as me. Fab! Love the heart on the string too.

Melissa Stuckey, Gulf Breeze, Florida said...

I like your style, Sue! Love how your heart lead the way for this design!

Vicky said...

I love the fresh colours, is it because we're yearning for Spring? :)

laury55 said...

great card...the quote is perfect

Fiona said...

delicious colours Sue - I'm loving that green too! such a pretty shaped label as well :)

Sarah Feeney said...

Great card Sue! Beautiful colours! Thanks for playing along!