Wednesday 3 August 2011

Life's Journey - Grungy Monday 18

'Life's Journey'

Grungy Monday 18 challenges it's participants this week to incorporate techniques from Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas...(Day 8).  I focused on two of the techniques, 'baking vellum' and 'water flicking'... both something I haven't tried quite like this before.  I couldn't find plain vellum at home (although I'm sure I have plenty somewhere), so I used a patterned one instead and it didn't seem to affect the result.

All stamp images are by Tim Holtz.  I stamped a map of Paris onto the vellum and coloured it with 'tattered rose' and 'milled lavender' ink.  I then continued working around this colour palette for the rest of the piece.

I'm thinking I might just use this tag then next time I get the oportunity to jump on a plane and visit a new part of the world!

3 comments:

Judy Wood said...

Great tag! I love your colors! I found a shirt once that read "pink is the new black", didn't buy it, but if I ever see it again... LOL! Great job!

fairy thoughts said...

lovely tag, they are some of my favourite colours too
janet

Kristy C said...

Beautiful!!