Sunday 30 August 2009

New Nest Revisited

A little reminder that the August Stampers Challenge, 'Mix & Match' at Paperbag Studios will finish on the 31st, so time's running out! Details here.


I knew when I posted this piece the other week it wasn't quite finished, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to complete it. There seemed to be an emptiness about it, and a lack of warmth and coziness that I felt was needed for this type of piece. Yesterday I finally found to time (and the right head space) to go back and revisit it and I'm so much happier with it.




The button in the centre of the flower is a treasure from Melbourne. Stitching added greater form and shape for the roof.


Button is another Melbourne find and twigs from a spectacular gum tree out the front of my house.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I really liked it before but like it even better now. Clever additions Sue.