Wednesday 2 July 2008

Procrastination and Birthdays


So I'm at the tail end of writing these reports... if anyone had to write a report about me tonight it could be summed up with the words...

'Is easily distracted' or 'Finds it difficult to keep their mind on the task at hand'!!!

So my mind's been drifting... to worries, to hopes, to who knows what??! Oh, and I've been doing more than my fair share of blog surfing (just keeping up-to-date)...

Anyway, one of my thoughts has been about this...

I'm celebrating??? a rather big birthday later in the year and am uncertain how I would like to celebrate??? (or bury my head in the sand and deny it's happening). Yes, I know it's silly, it's only a date and a number, but nonetheless...

So have you got any fun/unique/non embarrassing ideas on how to celebrate or have a party? I just seem to by tying myself in a knot about what I should do about it... right now my number one plan is to run away to an undisclosed destination (a nice one) and let it just pass by.

NOTE TO FRIENDS: Please, no surprise parties! (I never thought I was a control freak, but maybe I am - hehe.)

You know what? I'm heading back to those reports... heaps easier than dealing with birthdays!

Speaking of birthdays... HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow, my dear friend El! Hope you have a most fabulous day - full of blessings and surprises! xox PS I'm looking forward to seeing those sketches on Friday! ;-)

2 comments:

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Susie!! I am not the person to answer this as I can't handle parties for me it seems (don't mind them for other people!) - I did the run away thing a couple of years ago when celebrating a big number birthday! Had the best time. I agree with you though - it isn't about the number - maybe its about being the centre of attention. Whatever you do, remember to have fun and don't stress!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

21! Surely not! lol....

I dont do those sort of parties either...I tip toed past all the milestones that people insist on flagging up lol

(still looking out for that postman....they're probably still on that rowing boat ....I'll let you know asap xx)