Sunday 26 May 2013

Musical Cherubs - Darkroom Door


I think this new Darkroom Door frame stamp may well be one of my absolute favourites!!!

For this first piece, 'Always Find A Song', I stamped Darkroom Doors new frame stamp 'Musical Cherub', directly onto a piece of vintage sheet music that I had previously painted with a light layer of gesso.  I then stamped the sentiment found in Darkroom Door's stamp set 'Chorus', into the centre of the frame and added the copyright number to the frame from some of the remaining sheet music.  I then had a lovely time embellishing this piece with some pressed hydrangea flowers, silk fabric, sheet music and cross stitches.  


For this next piece, I stamped the Musical Cherubs frame onto a scrap of white paper and trimmed around both the inside and outside edges of the frame and layered it over a lovely image from Darkroom Doors 'Love Letters Collection Vol 2' stamp set using 3D mounting tape.  I stamped 'Paris' found on the postcard of the same stamp set and placed it behind the lower section of the frame.

The frame was then added to a number of layered papers, including sheet music and embellished with Darkroom Door's postal stamp found in the 'Love Letters Collection Vol 1' stamp set and a floral image found on the 'Art De Fleur' montage sheet.  Lace, silk fabric strips, buttons, flowers and pearls were then used to complete this collage.

No comments: