Sunday 6 November 2011

Stage Fright - Inkurable Stampers

'Stage Fright' ATC

Have you ever had a sudden onset of 'stage fright'?  Was it a one off experience or is it an ongoing/forever kind of thing like it still is for me?  Aparently, when I was in Year One, I suffered from such a severe case of 'stage fright' that I never did manage to get up on the stage  that night.  My mum told me the story, a very long time ago and I don't remember much of the details... I think I may have been an angel in a Christmas play... it's times like these I wish mum was here to ask!  I have no conscious memory of this event... the blurred memory of mum's story causes me to think that she tried all manner of things to get me up there on the night and nothing worked!  As a teacher of Year One's now, I find myself in a similar position to mum... convincing some kids that they really can get up there and do it, just the way we practised.  Most manage it and occasionally it's too much for some... but hopefully they will learn to be brave and conquer the fear enough to get up on the stage and perform.

Orange, Purple and Green is currently the challenging theme at Inkurable Stampers.  I struggled to get started with this piece until I found this ARTchix collage picture, she was my starting point and I enjoyed setting the scene with Oxford Impressions new plate 'Vintage Circus'.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

This is awesome Sue... so love the vintage circus stamp... and the image is perfect...
Stage fright is a funny thing... I have experienced it... although I always made it up there :))Must admit that it is not my favorite thing to do though...

Happy Sunday...
Jenny x

shirley said...

This is fab Sue! Love the vintage image and the stage.
I remember doing a ballet concert when I was about five years old.
I was having such a good time going around and around the stage with the rest of the group. The funny thing was that I forgot to run off and was left going around and around having a good old time. Someone eventually had to grab me from behind the curtain...LOL!

Lizzy Hill said...

Thanks for the lovely comment, Sue, I was v pleased, as your work is soooo well known & fantastic. You made my day! Mutual admiration society, it seems, 'cos your ATC is absolutely gorgeous:):)

laury55 said...

love your page...

Vicky said...

She looks splendid on stage, will have to check out those new stamps :)