Sunday 6 November 2011

Bloom - PDCC106

'Bloom' - a pink silk cuff

I've been happily at play this morning, experimenting with more free motion sewing... I still find it a real challenge to get my hands and machine in sync, but there is only one way to improve my skills, so I continue to practice when I have the oportunity and time.  I've been wanting to work with this gorgeous soft pink silk since I've purchased it and felt like doing a bit of beading today too!  The latest Play Date Colour Challenge #106 gave me a little more direction (adding yellow & grey), it grew like topsy and I taught myself how to make these sweet yellow flowers along the way! 



4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is charming, love the stitched sentiment and the sweet flowers!

Vicky said...

Beautiful cuff & a clever colour combo, free motion sewing is in my "to do" list...

Michele Gross said...

Really gorgeous and a wonderful play on the colors :) Glad you played at The Play Date Cafe!

Stacy said...

Such a pretty creation. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!