Wednesday 12 October 2011

Being There


'Being There' Postcard

September's theme for the postcard swap group was 'Home'.  As I was making this postcard for my friend Trish, I was influenced by thoughts of her recent move to a new country with her husband.  I know it's been a great adventure for them... culture shock, language barriers and a new home that isn't quite like their old one... new jobs, new friends, new discoveries.  It's been a challenge as they've adjusted to many changes.  I've loved seeing photos sharing how they are turning their new house into a home.  I'm especially glad, that as a couple, they truly know how to 'be there' for one another.

There's lots of gorgeous Paperbag Studios rubber stamp imagery here, a collections clock and I experimented a little with my new bottle of picket fence distress stain.    

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow Sue this is amazing.
So many amazing details. Love them.

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning Sue, wonderful images and details