Tuesday 11 October 2011

Angelic Wings

'Angelic Wings' Postcard for Jan

Gosh it feels so good to get back here... it's been too long since I last posted... so many things have happened... Sean's 4th birthday, Fathers Day, two trips to Perth and a lovely creative weekend away with two very special friends, art swaps... hopefully some memories will be posted here very soon!

In the meantime, I've managed to catch up on some postcard making for a swap group.  The theme for August (yes August!) was Trees.  I dived into my wonderful collection of Paperbag Studios stamp images - some of my all time favourites actually!  Once I made the background I knew that this piece needed a little forest fairy - she is a transparency from ARTchix Studios - words are by Collections.  It was so nice to put my sewing machine to work to add some finishing touches.  There is a twig hand stitched near the top too!

Totally feel like going for a little meander through the bush to look for evidence of forest fairies and perhaps I will do just that, if I can get over my fear of coming face to face with a snake!

5 comments:

Celeste said...

Just gorgeous Sue.

Sue said...

What a fab piece to make a comeback with :)

Anke said...

Fantastic work

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
It was funny reading Perth as that is where I live, except it is Perth, Scotland!
Wonderful collage style which appeals to me on so many levels.
Wishes
Lynne

Rachel Greig said...

Gorgeous postcard Sue!!