Darkroom Door has just released six new collage stamps this week!
The Arty Mosaic collage stamp is so much fun to work with! I had a wonderful time experimenting with how it stamped on a waxed paper bag.
1. Stamp 'art mosaic' onto a waxed white paper bag (I stamped it on the matt side) and heat set it. Trim image to size. Fold it in half lengthwise.
2. Stamp 'map' on light silver panel and 'flourish' to the right hand side of map. Trim to size.
3. Stamp 'mask' onto white panel and trim to size. Stamp 'mask' once more onto a scrap of vintage paper that has a small amount of text. Cut away upper section of mask (the eye area) and layer onto mask panel.
4. Layer mask, paper doily, map panels onto a variety of sparkly silver papers with a cream card for the base. Add folded art mosaic below mask section.
5. Machine stitch mask and art mosaic into place.
6. Add button, lace and stamped sentiment 'mere disguise' to complete work.
Darkroom Door products used:
Ink - Versafine 'toffee' and Versamagic 'midnight black'
Various papers - silver, grey, cream, vintage encyclopedia, white, and waxed paper bag
Sewing machine with black thread
Doily, lace, button