Monday 16 September 2013

Fancy Flourish - Darkroom Door


A very vintage Christmas to you!  

It's never too early to get started on handmade Christmas decorations is it?  I know I always have the greatest intention to create handmade ornaments for loved ones each year, but find myself in a last minute frenzy to get them completed in time.  I'm thrilled to have made such an early start!

Darkroom Door's new eclectic stamp, 'Fancy Flourish' was just the inspiration I needed to set to work on ornament making.  I stamped the flourish a number of times and then fussy-cut around each image.  I layered the flourishes onto a small crocheted doily and then added an image and words from Darkroom Door's Dear Santa montage sheet and wordstrips.  I added a little bling around the edges of the Santa image with glitter glue.

The ornament was then embellished with wire, beads, bells, fabric and a section of the holly stamp found in Darkroom Door's Yuletide Vol 2 stamp set.

How about you?  Have you made an early start towards having a lovely handmade Christmas this year?

No comments: