Friday 10 July 2009

Home Sweet Home

The theme over at Paperbag Studios, for the July Stampers Challenge, is 'Home Sweet Home'. Go here to find the details and if you enter the challenge you might win a $10 coupon to go towards the purchase of some PBS stamps!

'64'

Roben-Marie has posted some gorgeous samples by some of the PBS Creative Team and I found them so inspirational I had to make one for myself!

This piece represents one of my first childhood homes - filled with many warm and wonderful memories. This is where I learned to count and read and write. Where I spent endless hours playing in our sandpit and swinging to my hearts content underneath the weeping willow tree. Here I learned about God and love and warmth and joy and family. Some of my earliest memories bloomed in my soul here - many exist in reference to colour, texture and the joy of creating. I can remember coverting my neighbours Christmas present one year - she received a new packet of textas that must have contained at least 36 different colours (a far cry from the traditional 12 that I probably received)... I especially wanted to take the aqua one home!

All stamped images used are from the PBS plate 'Addison'. I look forward to seeing how others are inspired by this wonderful theme, 'Home Sweet Home'.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, my you have been busy over the last few days. Love your work as ususal. Countdown 3 sleeps!
Luv Aj

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

This is a wonderful collage. Love the combination.x
I must get my act together and do a post too.

Roben-Marie said...

This is awesome, Sue! I love seeing your take on Home!! I would love to add it to the blog as well. Can you send me the image at around 150 dpi? Cheers!

The Stamping Queen said...

Gorgeous home Sue! I love your colours.
Barb
xx

Celeste said...

Very clever Sue. You made them all come together beautifully.

Sue McGettigan said...

Sue this is wonderful, love it! LOL about the textas, I always longed for one of those HUGE sets too :)

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh...Sue...! Great work...! Love the layout and colours so much! I must make my work in the next few days...and get ready when I go through Norway for 3 weeks...
xo Ilka

Gillian said...

Oh Sue, this collage is Delightful! I love all of the layers and textures...

and I smiled when you talked about the large packet of texta's....oh how I wanted a big packet too when I was little :)