Saturday 23 May 2009

Queen of Creativity


As I was putting this piece together for THE STAMPING QUEEN all kinds of memories about my mother came flooding back. As I've mentioned before, she was quite a creative lady. She seemed to be able to complete anything she set her mind (and hands) too! She loved to sew, embroider, knit, decorate cakes and many other interesting things. Everything was always completed so beautifully. Now that's something to aspire to!

One of my favourite memories is when mum came rushing into the lounge room one day a bit shaken up - she'd been tinkering with a kettle or toaster that wasn't working and had nearly 'blown herself up'! Anyway, I think my mum was a 'Queen of Creativity' and I can't help but wish I could see what she might do with a bit of paper and a rubber stamp or two.


The gorgeous image is another Designs Galore beauty and the Crown is by Paperbag Studios. It's sitting on some Magic Mount and I've added some lovely Kaiser pearls to it. I used two more Paperbag Studio stamps (The Gate and The Roof) to create a palace for this Queen of Creativity.


The words have been cut from a Collections paper and stitched on with layers of fabric, tulle and paper.


I gently sanded some German scrap and added more Kaiser pearls.


The Stamping Queen supplies: Paperbag Studios stamps - Crown, The Gate and The Roof, Designs Galore VB016, Collections papers - Vintage Wallpaper and Vintage Paper, Kaiser pearls, slate Glimmer Mist and Magic Mount

My Stash: Black card, red and beige paper, German scrap and lace

3 comments:

Debbi Baker said...

Love this piece Susie - very elegant. Lovely way to remember your mum too.

Julie H said...

Beautiful! And it sounds like you your mother's daughter in more ways than one.

Night Owl Designs said...

Love this one Sue, especially her little crown :-)