Sunday 10 May 2009

In The Mailbag...

Look at what's arrived in my mailbox lately!


This beautiful art quilt was a very unexpected surprise from my lovely friend Debbi. It's now hanging in my 'studio' aka kitchen, taking pride of place above my work table. I love it!


This lovely journal was made by Jacky for April's, Art of the Month swap. The cover is really gorgeous! I love all the different elements used to create this collage, especially the birds. Woven down the spine is a stunning fabric - just love that idea! Thanks so much Jacky! I'll be sure to be inspired with creative ideas each time I use it.

and...

Happy Mothers Day to those of you that are blessed with children and grandchildren. You have the most rewarding (and hardest) job in the world!

I'll be taking some time today to reflect upon the blessing that my mother, Nanna and Granny have been to me. They may no longer be here physically, but they still have a huge influence on my life. They were all very creative women, with their special areas of expertise... each patiently took time to share their knowledge and skills with me. I think their creativity has rubbed off on me just a little! Miss you all sooooo much.

5 comments:

Jacky said...

Hi Sue, what a great mailbag this week. I just love getting artmail!

Beautiful fabric piece from Debbi, love those colours.

I am so pleased you liked your journal and the little birdies (they are from the RetroArt Cafe), there is a link on Gaby Bees site. Just the most beautiful bird images and gorgeous colours).

I have lit a candle for my Mum today, as she no longer with me either (and missed terribly).

Have a lovely Mothers Day filled with wonderful memories.

Jacky xox

Gaye Todd said...

Beautiful art Sue... :O) Almost as good as the piece of art i received this week. lol...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ! I'm sure you'll enjoy !
x Mandy

The Stamping Queen said...

What a lucky girl you are Sue! To have such great art around you will certainly be an inspiration.
Barb
xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue.......coming by to check to see how you are doing and what you were up to :) These pieces you received are gorgeous. Hope you are having a great week!