Saturday 11 April 2009

SHOP 'TIL YOU DROP

My April Design Pack from THE STAMPING QUEEN has arrived and I’m on holidays, so there’s plenty of time to play! Stampington’s Clearly Impressed, ‘They Could Be Magic’ unmounted stamp set contains three quirky characters designed by Marylinn Kelly. I can see I’m going to have a fun time working with these guys this month. Let me introduce you to, ‘Shop ‘Til You Drop’ cat.


This clever cat’s bag was originally a ‘trick or treat’ bag, but I’m not into Halloween at all, so the bag has had a little transformation. When creating the bag, I lightly stamped that section of the stamp onto a scrap of patterned paper, trimmed it to size, darkened the edges of the bag with black ink and sprayed it with red velvet glimmer mist to help disguise the wording. Then I added a sequin and beads for a touch of bling.


The background was created on an old playing card. I’ve added strips of patterned papers, inked up some sequin waste with rocket red brilliance ink and painted on some china blue distress crackled paint by Tim Holtz. The yellow fabric brad adds the finishing touch!


I really enjoyed colouring this character. Out came the Tombow pens... followed by a lead pencil. I’ve added swirls, dots and dashes onto the cat with lead pencil for added interest and depth. The piece was layered onto folded lemon card and the citrus colours and circular patterns found on the cat’s body, were repeated on the cover and inside of the wallet. If you’re going to shop ‘til you drop you’re going to need a funky wallet to take with you don’t you think?


TSQ Products: 'They Could Be Magic' Clearly Impressed stamp set by Stampington, red velvet glimmer mist and yellow fabric brad

My Stash: Yellow card (Bazzill), playing card, Tombow pens, lead pencil, assorted patterned papers, fabric, gesso, china blue distress crackle paint by Tim Holtz

1 comment:

Night Owl Designs said...

I Love how bright and funky this card is Sue!