Sunday 26 April 2009

Pensive Phillip

'Pensive Phillip'

Masculine cards can often be a bit of a challenge. I really like this image, Pensive Phillip by Queen's Dresser Drawers, it easily lends itself to creating a card suitable for a male friend or family member. This stamp came with last months DT pack from THE STAMPING QUEEN, but I just had to use it again. I've also found it to be a very versatile stamp and you can see how I used it in quite a different way for two of my robot cards in previous posts... 'About Time' and 'Genius'. This time round you get to almost see the complete image.


The red and black background was created using gesso, Red Velvet Glimmer Mist and a Tim Holtz mask 'Borderline' with black ink. I punched holes along the left hand image through all layers except the black base card. Image has been coloured with Tombow pens.


Machine stitching has been added using red thread. Some Fruit Cake fibres by Basic Grey were sown onto the left hand side of work with a zig-zag stitch.


I painted the paper clock face with a couple of coats of self leveling gel by Golden to add a very subtle texture.

The Stamping Queen Products: Pensive Phillip by Queen's Dresser Drawers, Vintage Wallpaper by Collections, Red Velvet Glimmer Mist, Borderline Mask by Tim Holtz, Measuring Tape, Fruit Cake Fibres by Basic Grey and Antique Brass Clipboard Clip

My Stash: Assorted card, vintage text, clock face, Tombow watercolour pens, Golden self leveling gel and gesso.

6 comments:

Julie H said...

Good Morning!

Verrrrrry Nice! I like the way it is all stitched especially!

sharon young said...

What a great card for a feller, they're so difficult to find nice ones for.
I really like the combination of stitch and papers.

Many thanks for your lovely, encouraging comment on my post, I'm always a bit reticent about showing my sketches, so your comment was very welcome.

The Stamping Queen said...

I love this one Sue! I'd really love to know where all of this inspiration comes from!!
Barb
xx

Debbi Baker said...

Another terrific card - and you are right, masculine cards are harder to do but this one really works on lots of levels!

Celeste said...

I really like this Sue. Having 3 sons, I'm drawn to this card and love the colours and vintage style.

Viola said...

Just gorgeous, Sue!!