Wednesday 1 June 2016

Captured


Here's my take on Darkroom Door's theme for their ATC exchange for June, 'Landscape'.

Would you believe that I began by layering this ATC base with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Paint and gesso!  There's also a number of stamping mishaps hidden in the depths of the layers of this piece.  I just kept adding gesso and playing with colour until I found a pleasing solution.  Along the way, this also created a lot of texture in the paint, which I'm happy to say left a more 'painterly' effect when I stamped the tree images from Darkroom Door's Tree Line photo stamp.  I added a light layer of Torn Text background stamp and embellished the photo stamp with a section of the Film frame stamp, as well as some images from the Photography stamp set.

If you'd like to join in the ATC exchange fun then pop over here for more details!

Darkroom Door supplies:
Tree Line Photo Stamp
Torn Text Background Stamp
Film Frame Stamp
Photography Stamp Set

No comments: