Thursday 13 January 2011

Tag Tuesday - A Bit of Fabric


'Hydrangea Princess'

A Bit of Fabric is the theme at Tag Tuesday this week - how fantastic!  You might already know that I love, love, love fabric.  I've been sorting things out in the 'studio' this past week (not that you would be able to tell after spending the day there today).  Anyway a tidy-up often reveals hidden treasures and I came across this fabric tag that been attached to a jacket I bought 5 odd years ago!  See it truly pays to never throw out anything because  you never know when it may come in handy!!!

I've just started participating in the online course 'Romancing The Paper' being taught be the very talented Rachel Emilie Jackson over at Crescendoh.  This week we have been learning about drying and preserving flowers.  It's been so much fun and I just had to include a hydrangea flower in my tag today, freshly pressed this week!

All these wonderful stamped images are from Oxford Impressions Fairy Sweets plate.


16 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful tag, can see that you love fabric!

woodandfabric said...

Gorgeous Fabric Tag! I Love Your Work!

Yvonne said...

aww, this is precious!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is adorable - I love the way you incorporated the fabric. I need to build a stash! I just watched a Lesley Riley dvd and it really put me in the mood to do more fabric art.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Such a cute tag. I am a fan of using flowers (recent post with hydrangea blooms dried last year) and a huge fan of Rachel Jackson. The stamped image works perfectly. TFS. Lynne M

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Fabric Tag you created.. That fabric color is beautiful... Hugs, Linda

Faye said...

Wonderful tag, Sue, and so nice to have flowers you can dry and use for your art.

Becky Garrison said...

Your tag is great! Thanks so much for visiting my blog - how cook to know that in Australia our yoyo's are called Suffolk puff flowers! Very cool! Thanks again! Becky G. in GA/US

Wooded Solitude said...

It DOES pay to keep things around. I love to organize, clean up and throw things out, so I am recently trying to hang on to more things!!
Great bunch of embellishments on your tag.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful tag, great fabric and lovely image.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Such a sweet tag. Love your image. Blessings, Debbie

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Oh, this is so sweet. Love the fabric you chose for your tag. Looks great with your OI fairy!

Laura said...

Very sweet tag. Great elements too!

Wendy said...

What wonderful finds. Lovely tag.

Evelyn S. said...

You have so many delightful details on your tag!!

Night Owl Designs said...

I love this tag Sue - especially the little bird on the flower :-)