Sunday 13 December 2009

12 Days of Christmas

Once again I've been able to participate in a '12 Days of Christmas' art exchange - it's so exciting! A large parcel arrived in the mail last week and I've been waiting, oh so patiently, for the 'first day of Christmas' to arrive, so I could start opening a gift each day in the lead up to Christmas.


11 other Aussie artists are participating in the exchange - each one contributing handmade gifts to exchange with the other participants. Look at how beautifully each gift has been wrapped! It's been sooooo hard not to peek at them!


The first delightful gift has been made by Gaye Todd. The gorgeous wrapping has a wonderful 'glow' to it. It looks like Gaye has used stencils and glimmer mist to decorate the paper (in my favourite colour too). And I just love the sweet little image on the front of this parcel - surrounded with gold tinsel - so Christmassy!


I was stunned when I saw the beautiful collage Gaye has made to adorn this calendar. There is so much detail to this piece of work. There seems to be layers of papers and paint in the background. The colour palette includes some of my most favourite colours, so I'm totally thrilled to have such a gorgous calendar for 2010 :)


I especially love the textured nest and the vintage images used in this piece! The calendar is already hanging in my studio... I'm feeling so inspired :)

No comments: