Sunday 17 April 2016

Poppa and Poppy


Recently, I've been working on my family tree, searching for long lost ancestors.  It's been a thrilling experience, every time I link another member to it, I feel a sense of connectedness to the past and I can't help wondering who this person was, what life was like for them - their joys, sorrows and challenges and whether or not I've inherited a thing or two from them!

I've also been reminiscing about my Poppa and his beloved youngest sister, Poppy!  We once took a family trip with Poppa to visit her and I can still recall the joy it was for them to reunite face to face.

So I thought I'd dedicate this little ATC to Aunty Poppy and my precious Poppa!

I've created it using Darkroom Door's 'French Script' texture stamp and 'Poppies' rubber stamp set 

1.  The main images were created using the 'brushless watercolour technique'.  Colour 'poppy stems' using Distress Markers (Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn), lightly spay water mist over the image and stamp onto ATC (watercolour paper)
2.  Colour 'Small Poppy' using Distress Markers (Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Seedless Preserves), once again, spray with water mist and stamp onto ATC.  Using an Aquash brush, colour the poppy using the ink from stamped image and by scribbling the same colour pens onto an acrylic block, pick-up the colour with the Aquash brush to add depth of colour to the poppy.  Add a touch of purple to the poppy stems too and heat set.
3.  Colour just the flower section of 'Small Poppy' with the Wilted Violet Distress marker and stamp directly over the image to add finer details to the flower.
4.  Scribble 'Old Paper' Distress ink onto acrylic block, pick colour up with Aquash brush and colour around the images to give an aged appearance. 
5.  Once dry, stamp 'French Script' using dark brown ink and the word 'Hugs' with black ink.  Swipe edges of ATC with dark brown ink.
6.  Embellish with cross stitches and lace.

Darkroom Door products used:
Stamps:  Poppies rubber stamp set and French Script texture stamp
Distress Pens:  Old Paper, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Seedless Preserves
Aquash Brush - fine




No comments: