Darkroom Door's Gardening Vol. 2 surprisingly lead me to painting and embroidering upon canvas.
The basic technique was as follows:
1. Layer Gesso onto a small panel of torn canvas.
2. Stamp image (i.e. watering can) onto canvas.
3. Paint image using acrylic paint.
4. Re-stamp image over the paint and heat set. I'd recommend using a stamp-positioner if you have one. I didn't and it was a bit tricky.
4. Embroider stems and flowers. I used lovely variegated threads by DMC.
5. Stamp sentiment, affix to card and embellish with lace.
Don't be too worried when you don't end up with a perfectly crisp image. Stamping on canvas can lead to a more painterly effect.
I used simple straight stitches and colonial knots to create the pot full of flowers.
Random dabs of green helped fill out the second flower pot and I added some dashes of green onto the pots to balance the work.