'Pocket Full of Posies' postcard
It can be quite difficult to create masculine cards for the men in our lives - especially with flowers!
I think choosing a neutral colour palette as a starting point can be very helpful!
Here's a postcard I've create that has a little pocket that holds the carved flowers within.
- Create a pocket using a large white luggage tag. Fold the card over and stitch the bottom and sides together. Stamp a carved flower (light grey ink), film strip, man and sentiment (black ink) onto the tag. Add ribbon to the top of tag.
- Stamp film strip, photo no. label and more carved flowers in grey and black inks onto white card. 'Fussy cut' around them.
- Stamp rulers texture stamp onto postcard sized patterned paper that has been mounted on white card and once more on a panel of kraft card using black ink. Swipe the edges of both pieces with black ink.
- Layer the kraft card and tag pocket onto postcard background. Affix all the stamped embellishments. I used some Magic Mount 3D tape on the photo no. label and the light grey carved flower to add an extra dimension to the piece.
- Place remaining carved flowers into pocket. Add black zig-zag trim to complete postcard.
Darkroom Door products used:
Texture Stamp - Rulers